Celebrate Diwali with Dishoom
We love Diwali. In India, our New Year starts with a bang – every city, town and village lights up with fireworks, and celebrations spill out into the street. It’s luminous, loud, colourful, and filled with laughter, joy and hope for the year ahead.
DIWALI CELEBRATION – SUNDAY 8TH NOVEMBER 12PM-3PM
This year, Diwali falls on Wednesday 11th November. We’ll be holding a Diwali celebration for families and friends, 12pm-3pm on Sunday 8th November, at The Crossing, next door to Dishoom King’s Cross.
– We’ll welcome you warmly with with Chai, Dishoom snacks, mithai, and our favourite Indian soft drinks Thums up and Limca.
– Dishoom’s enthralling master storyteller, the internationally acclaimed Vayu Naidu, will captivate the audience with the fabulous story of Diwali. (The storytelling starts at 1.15pm)
– The wonderful team from Magic of India will be inspiring children (and indeed adults!) to join in their creative workshops celebrating India culture – make a special Diwali diya thali, and learn the traditional dandiya dance! (Dandiya workshops start at 12.30pm and 2pm.)
– Budding artists can take part in a wonderful collaborative Rangoli – colourful, traditional Indian pavement-art.
– There’ll be facepainting, mehndi (henna), and a chance to pick a special gift from our Diwali lucky dip!
Our event is free and open to all – and we invite people of all ages and from all cultures and backgrounds to come and celebrate with us.
Meanwhile, in the cafés, from 9th-15th November we’ll be serving a Diwali special dish of Shaam Savera, a delicious vegetarian classic of spinach and paneer koftas served in a creamy makhni gravy.
We are so looking forward to celebrating with you!