With all sincerity, there is nothing more important to us than keeping everyone in our restaurants safe, whether guest or team member. This was true before corona and is absolutely true now.
Over the past year and a half, we’ve worked closely with leading safety specialists, and with their guidance, we've created comprehensive safety standards. These have included new roles, policies, processes and equipment, back and front of house, visible and less visible (in some areas, well beyond government guidance) to make sure our restaurants have the highest standards of health and safety.
Although some restrictions are now being lifted, we remain dedicated to ensuring the safety (and peace of mind) of our guests and team, and so we are keeping a number of protective measures in our cafés.
- All our team wear face coverings.
- Hand sanitiser is in plentiful supply.
- We use signs, floor markings, and guidance from our team to help with distancing.
- We are not currently taking any cash payments.
- Our restaurants are professionally deep cleaned and disinfected every night, with significantly increased cleaning protocols.
- We’ve increased the rate of air circulation and use new ultra-violet and ionisation filtration systems that are very effective in eliminating viruses.
- Our team are extensively trained on safe distancing and enhanced hygiene procedures, and we carry out comprehensive health checks before the start of every shift.
Further safety measures at our Edinburgh café
Due to differing Scottish regulations, alongside the above, our Edinburgh café is also subject to the following additional safety procedures –
- We are currently able to accommodate indoor tables of up to six guests from up to two households. From July 19th, this will increase to 10 guests, from up to four households, with no household maximum applied to outdoor dining.
- Please follow signs, markings, and guidance from our team, especially in tighter areas such as entrances, exits, lifts and W.C.s.
- Menus will either be recycled after one use or safely cleaned between uses.
- We're only offering table service.
- All guests are required to wear a face covering when not at their table eating or drinking inside the café.